Re: Adobe Explains the Exclusion of PDF from MS Office

__/ [ High Plains Thumper ] on Sunday 18 June 2006 12:40 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> Interesting, I am glad they spoke up.
>>
>> Adobe took quite a big blow yesterday:
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060616/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_adobe
>>
>> Lowered profits due to acquisitions, so stock fell despite
>> positive response of the DJ and NASDAQ indices.
>
> Perhaps the dip in stocks is something in passing?  I admire
> Adobe for adhering to principles and having honorable
> substance.

I wish they had sold Photoshop for Linux... not that I would use it, but it
holds many hostage (Windows or Mac OS). Also, their image format could be
made more standardised. I am not aware, however, of many image formats that
involve layering. Moreso, these issues arise in vector graphics where
formats are badly 'glued' between applications. Then there's Macromedia
Flash (not viewer, but editor), Illustrator, etc. Adobe could be more
platform-neutral, but they aim for market share.

Best wishes,

foo/bar
  4:00pm  up 51 days 21:14,  12 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05