Re: Part 3 - Wondering why your site is not indexed in Google?

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 01:08:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>One thing I wonder is: how long does it take to progressively and gradually
>(re-)build the indices? If this requires a lot of computer power, I don't
>expect things to revert to normality any time soon... there's the bandwidth
>issue as well. Google still crawls, but no pages appear to be added to the
>cache/index.

They're being added to my poster site. In an odd manner though. This
may be straying a little off-topic here. I just added an Iron Man page
last week being a long-time fan of old shell-head.  Do a search for

iron man posters

then do search for in results with www.here-be-posters.co.uk and you
get the index page and the site map page but not the Iron Man page.
Click on the

repeat the search with the omitted results included.

link and up comes the IM page, odd because it's more relevant than the
original results.
Click on the

More results from www.here-be-posters.co.uk

link and there he be again.
So, if it's indexed and it obviously has more relevance, it's just
plain dumb that it doesn't appear in the main results. But it is
indexed, though.
I wonder at what point it'll shift over to having enough status to
begin appearing in the main results. This is like a mini-sandbox, one
not for sites but for single pages.

BB
--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/seo-sitemap.htm