Re: To Kind comp.os.linux.advocacy Readers

  • Subject: Re: To Kind comp.os.linux.advocacy Readers
  • From: High Plains Thumper <hpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:05:33 +0900
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
flatfish+++ wrote:
> Rex Ballard wrote:

Paragraph 1.4 states, "The newsgroup's charter is for the newsgroup as a
place for supporters of Linux to gather to discuss Linux, for the
betterment of the Linux community and the promotion and development of
Linux."

>> You provide relevant Pro-Linux information.
>> Your postings are articulate.
>> You provide at least one citation with each article.
>> You make a very solid case for Linux.
>
> Strange that you fail to mention Roy using artwork on his website without
> the author's permission.
> That must mean you condone that kind of unethical behavior.
> I take back what I said about you being an ethical person Rex, obviously
> you are not.

How does making ethics judgments on a member of the Linux community over a
website element disagreement contribute to the betterment of the Linux
community?

>> Google search comp.os.linux.advocacy and search for Rex Ballard.
>> You know you are in good company.
>
> The "COLA Gang's" Motto:
> 'Never Leave Your Buddies Behind '
> Group hug time !

How does referring to the patrons of C.O.L.A. as "COLA Gang" and calling
support toward each other as "Group hug time" better the Linux community?

> I'm not so sure being in your company, Rex, is a good thing.
>
> I mean let's be honest, you seem to have been at the very conception of
> personal computing, involved in every facet short of inventing the
> Internet ( That honor belongs to Al Gore).
>
> Rex Ballard = The Commander McBragg of COLA.
> http://www.toonopedia.com/mcbragg.htm

In promoting Linux, is is normal to disagree with one's position.  That is
called discussion.  However, attacking the character of a Linux community
poster by calling him "Commander McBragg of COLA" is not discussion, and it
does not contribute to the betterment of the Linux community.

--
HPT