Re: Sony PlayStation Outsells XBox 360 in the States

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Monday 12 June 2006 07:47 \__

> __/ [ asj ] on Monday 12 June 2006 06:28 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> PlayStation 2 outselling Xbox 360 in US
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>>                 http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060611-7030.html
>>>
>>> PlayStation 3 comes with GNU/Linux preinstalled and it is said to
>>> function just as a standard personal computer.
>>
>> the problem is that sony is selling the PSP3 at a higher price than
>> competitors....i'm rooting for them obviously, but some surveys note
>> that people are definitely turned off by the high price. we'll see.
>

> Sony is yet to bind some extra added value to their product (which is *NOT*
> ready yet, unlike the XBox 360). Recent stories indicate this is the case.
> Sony is a long-standing company. It would be the last company to make a
> suicidal mistake with the pricing. They fix the price in accordance on the
> perceived merits which they intend to deliver. Like Microsoft, they have
> deep pockets, so they *could* cover hardware costs. Wait and see.
>

>> yes, the xbox 360, while not a disaster, has not done as well as hoped.
>> supply problems, hardware problems, etc.
>

> Let's not forget the accumulated lost of 4 billion dollars (and still
> counting). Even Ballmer described the XBox as disappointing when he faced
> the investors and the press, but he didn't use that exact word (he only
> ever insinuates).

Sorry about my sloppy English. "In accordance *with*" and "loss", not "lost"
(among others). I still go for quantity (not necessarily quality) and I spot
mistakes whenever I proofread or decide to reread something I have already
posted. To err is human...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the oceans
  7:45am  up 45 days 13:18,  11 users,  load average: 0.79, 0.79, 0.98