Re: Reliability Survey: Windows Servers Beat Linux Boxes

  • Subject: Re: Reliability Survey: Windows Servers Beat Linux Boxes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 01:17:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[reposted; can't see previous message]

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Monday 12 June 2006 00:13 \__

> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on Sun, 11 Jun 2006
> 23:35:12 +0100, [H]omer posted this:

The survey has already lost *reliability*:

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2006-06-09-019-26-OP-SW
http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=33511

That aside, sadly enough, Microsoft made calls to just about anyone they know
in the press, so it was published quite widely. One place where I believe we
have already intercepted 6 such submissions is Digg.com (last attempt was
last night).

>> Yawn ... more dross from that bubble-head, Laura Dildo.
>>
>> Isn't it about time she gave up trying to do compootah thingies, and do
>> one of the few things women are good at, like spawning offspring, for
>> example?
>
> FFS, you don't want her to breed, do you?

This reminds me of the following:

Saturday June 10 2006

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/06/06/10/1529257.shtml

,----[ Quote ]
| jalefkowit writes "Tech pundit John Dvorak has long been known for his
| inflammatory opinions. Many have suspected that these opinions are just a
| way to drive up traffic to his column. Now, we have it straight from the
| horse's mouth: Dave Winer has Dvorak on video describing his methodology
| for trolling the Mac community to pump up his stats." I have to admit
| I'm also guilty of posting the occasional inflammatory story, but I find
| it's usually best to suffix the title with a question mark, and let our
| ever-knowledgeable readers hash out the issue and decide for themselves.
`----

What I conclude is that Didiot was never competent (judging by where/what she
studied as well), so she chose to be a controversial shill to gain
attention.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
  1:15am  up 45 days  6:48,  11 users,  load average: 1.55, 1.24, 0.99