Re: [News] Exploring the Features of KDE, The Lure of GNOME Users

__/ [ TheLetterK ] on Sunday 11 June 2006 19:23 \__

http://beans.seartipy.com/2006/06/11/killer-looks-of-kde-in-kubuntu-entices-a-long-time-gnome-user/

> My main problem with KDE is Konqueror. If there as a KDE-integrated
> spatial file manager like Nautilus, I'd probably switch over to it.

Konqueror can come in Midnight Commander form. You just need to browse the
menus, which are rather deep. Konqueror is also a fully-featured,
multi-threaded FTP client with rich drag-and-drop support. To illustrate the
power of Konqueror using an arbitrary example, if you open a file in an FTP
server, it is copied to /tmp 'in the background'. You can then edit the
file, hit "save" and the file will be automagically copied back, over FTP.
It's this type of transparency that no other DM can rave about. To name some
other nice features: PDF previews (well, a separate component nonetheless),
directories reflect on contents, text files are visible without opening... I
wrote much more about it in the past...

After many years with KDE (also GNOME), I still come to discover new things
every day.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
  1:25am  up 45 days  6:58,  11 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.79, 0.93