Re: Red Hat Gets Additional Partners

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Red Hat expands channel partner network in south India
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Red Hat announced that it has expanded its channel partner network
> | in southern India. The new partners signed include Bangalore IT
> | Capital, Ashram, Login & Anora in Bangalore, Dynamic, Veeras & Gem
> | Infotech in Chennai and SP Soft, Softpro & Computech in Hyderabad.
> `----
>
> http://www.dqchannels.com/content/reselleralert/106060905.asp
>
> Also published today:
>
>         Microsoft Research India: friend or foe?
>
>         http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/node/1599

There are lots of opportunities for RH/IBM/MS in India. I think this is
just the beginning for RH/Linux in India...long way to go and lots of
opportunities lie ahead. Microsoft is never going to be easy to handle.
I see Microsoft as an established development player who wouldnt like a
shift in OS usage; their code4bill has got more graduating students
interested in Microsoft technologies. Linux is talked about (among my
colleages in India) when it comes to Networking or System
Administration and not necessarily application development
(client-server or web-development). Promotion + such partnerships will
educate people better about the strengths of Linux. As far as I see,
Linux cannot afford to throw in tons of distributions - it just wont
work. Its good that RH is playing a significant role in India. Win-win
situation for India. Yay!