Re: POVRay

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 11 June 2006 13:38 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <gBTig.23909$%m5.7302@trnddc04>,
> "Mathew P." <Mathew@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> I was just wondering, and I may be overlooking something obvious,
>> but could someone tell me if POV Ray is a free (non demo)
>> application? I couldn't tell by scouring thier website. Has anyone
>> used it? I assume a Linux version is available, but I could be
>> mistaken.
>
> http://www.povray.org/search/
>
> and search for license.

It's free and very lenient.

It wasn't long ago that I 'caught' a Microsoft employee searching for
information on POVRay and ending up in my Web site. I love POVRay, but if I
had the chance to (re-)pick a renderer all over again, I'd go for Blender
3D, which uses some GIMP code.

For what it's worth, I am using many of the following POVRay outputs as
wallpapers:

        http://www.povray.org/community/hof/

I have been a fan of Oyonale's work, which is what got me started:

        http://www.oyonale.com/

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
  4:10pm  up 44 days 21:43,  11 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.86, 0.89