[News] The Hidden Ripoff that Goes with ('Fixing') an Operating System

Many loud rants about this particular one

,----[ Quote ]
| Symantec will automatically renew your annual subscription. Symantec
| will notify you by email prior to expiration of your current subscription.
| Do nothing, and the regular subscription renewal price (plus applicable
| tax) will automatically be charged to your credit card.
`----

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat1/ec_main.entry25?page=OnGoingProtection&client=Symantec&sid=49997&CUR=840&DSP=&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=189236

I once read that 'protecting' Microsoft Windows is an industry worth _tens_
of billions of dollars. Also see:
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/06/06/1832223&from=rss