Re: [News] SCO Looking Weaker Than Ever

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 20:11 \__

begin  oe_protect.scr
SCO hits iceberg

,----[ Quote ]
| On June 28, Magistrate Judge Brooke Wells ruled largely in favor of
| IBM's "Motion to Limit The SCO Group Inc.'s Claims Relating to Allegedly
| Misused Material." This means that the vast majority of SCO's claims
| against IBM for misusing Unix code in Linux have been thrown out.

The case going the same way as SCO themselves are going, I think.

Here's a nice article from Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/06/29/ibm-sco-linux_cz_dl_0629ibm.html?partner=yahootix

Open Source Smack-Down

To quote the opening paragraph:

,----[ Quote ]
| "Fans of the free Linux operating system should be popping champagne
| tonight. A judge has tossed out most of the claims in a case claiming
| Linux contained stolen code."
`----

Well, I didn't pop champagne, but I did get hammered last night.

So did I, which led to posting to COLA from home. Oh, the shame when I reread those posts this morning.

One or two typos per post I could bear, but every other word is just pitiful :)

Once again
this Saturday perhaps. Not the game, but a friend's girlfriend's 21st
birthday...

Have fun.