Re: [News] Supercomputers Budget High in the US

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:20:21 +0100
<8028736.elzVYR83uu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 12:44 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Joel <joel@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> "The question is what they would do with an infinite amount of computing
>>> speed," said Kusnezov, referring to scientists. "What would they
>>> calculate?
>>>
>>> They could attempt to calculate the number of lies told by Roy Culley, Roy
>>> "The Liar" Shysterwich, Rex Balltard, Mark Kent, and Jimmy Moore.
>>>
>>> Scientists believe heat death of the universe will occur first.
>>>
>> Do I smell fish?
>
> Sorry. I had tuna for lunch. I never realised that scents could propagate
> through a Dell Optiplex.

That's fine; a good tuna sandwich is an appreciation of
the taste buds....this smells more like burnt flounder. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.