Re: [News] Latest Critical Patch Can Break Windows

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 10:45 \__

> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Thu, 29 Jun 2006
> 09:03:50 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 08:28 \__
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> ah, so you secure your windows machine by preventing a network
>>> connection.  I can see how that works.
>>
>> It's like chopping off your whatsisname instead of using a condom.
>>
>> Windows: when all all hope is lost, pull the wire out.
>
> Maybe it's M$'s new anti-virus innovation! ;-)

I  have  seen people sob when their computer was forced  off
the  network (socket disabled) due to viral issues. There is
a  'grace' quota of two times, after which the person pays a
fine of 35 quid _per disconnection_ (infection), for wasting
staff's time and scanning ports on the network (slowing down
or jeopardising others).

In  many  cases,  such  people come to the  point  of  being
disconnected very many times (either you are always clean or
you're  a total disaster). They never learned the lessson or
manage  to protect Windows, even after a complete wipe, This
proves  that,  much like Ballmer's 2-day  experience/ordeal,
protecting  Windows  requires unnecessary  skills  (negation
intended).

I was at least kind enough to offer a Ubuntu CD at the point
of sobbing... *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Bring home the world cup, England!
  1:00pm  up 62 days 18:03,  15 users,  load average: 0.59, 0.76, 0.51