Re: [News] A Comparison Between Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Wednesday 28 June 2006 22:09 \__

> Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
>
>> [snips]

>> Yeah, but so can many another distro.  Face it; today, unless you're
>> explicitly choosing a "geek" distro, Linux is, on the average, at least as
>> easy as Windows.
>
> If you compare it to Slack or Gentoo
> Otherwise, it simply is no contest. Linux in shapes like SuSE or Ubuntu
> will simply leave windows in the dust when installing

They already do.

SUSE:

http://desktoplinux.com/articles/AT5613250391.html

,----[ Quote ]
| As unbelievable as it might seem, OpenSUSE actually seems to support
| more hardware than Vista does at this stage in its development. Linux
| having more hardware support than Windows -- who says we don't live in
| a time of miracles?!
`----

Ubuntu:

http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/Official:_Ubuntu_(Linux)_is_easier_to_install_than_Windows_

and also:

http://www.technologyevangelist.com/2006/05/ubuntu_linux_dapper.html

,----[ Quote ]
| To be perfectly fair to Ubuntu I had also played with a copy of Vista
| beta. My sound card was not found, the ethernet adapter was not found,
| and my graphics has severe issues. So all in all the Ubuntu beta is
| ahead of Vista right now.
`----

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:25am  up 62 days 11:28,  12 users,  load average: 0.77, 0.83, 1.09