Re: [News] Linux Runs on the Palm Tungsten 3

__/ [ Nigel Feltham ] on Monday 26 June 2006 18:52 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I have a Tungsten myself and whenever I travel I just bring the adapters
>> with me (the original packages comes with about 4 heads for independence
>> from international standards, or lack thereof). You can charge merely
>> everywhere, airports included. As long as you don't do CPU-intensive stuff
>> (think basic PIM), battery life will rarely be a factor.
>
> Then again if you only want to do basic PIM stuff why not consider getting
> an older Greyscale PALM - I'm currently carrying around a Palm M105 which
> runs off 2x AAA batteries (so you can go into any store for replacements
> when low) and has a claimed battery life of around 2 months (can't confirm
> this - only had it a few weeks but battery is still showing as full) and
> only cost me 3ukpounds on ebay.

Careful with that unit! I believe you could lose data due to a capacitor
issue.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/archive/index.php?t-106849.html

http://www.taylorsettlement.com/ (the in/famous class action)

By the way, everything that I do with the Tungsten I was doing very happily
with an older M130, which nobody uses at the moment. Differences: the screen
can be made brighter now, the external keyboard is perhaps more responsive,
the Tugsten (when folded) is slightly smaller. On the other hand: unit is
heavier; I no longer have that burl wood faceplate that I very much liked.