Re: Protesters provide a nasty "vista" for Gates

__/ [ NoStop ] on Monday 26 June 2006 19:03 \__

> "As Microsoft developers gathered in Seattle to hear Bill Gates's keynote
> speech on the future of Microsoft and the coming release of its updated
> operating system Vista, protesters wearing bright yellow Hazmat suits
> swarmed the entrance of the city's convention center, delivering an
> unsettling message to the corporation: your product is defective and
> hazardous to users."
>
> http://www.fsf.org/news/vista-hazmat

Correction: it is hazardous to *anybody* who will be sharing a network with
Windows Vista machines. This includes the Internet, which is global. But
look at the bright side: with the new translucency effects being rendered,
there will be fewer resource available for brute-force spamming and E-mail
harvesting (DDOS attacks).

And then there's DRM. But most of us will be able to avoid it... until we buy
that DVD, or audio CD, which is not aptly labelled.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  8:50pm  up 60 days  1:53,  12 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.92, 1.00