Re: How Gates and Buffet will help the Worldwide Linux Movement

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 27 June 2006 01:06 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I am sure that the Foundation is intended to help the OLPC penetrate
>> Africa. *rolls eyes* Maybe Bill Gates can serve Microsoft better by
>> leaving his daytime job and <strikeout>bribing</strikeout> donating fund
>> to <strikeout>politician</strikeout> poor people. Money makes the world go
>
> The words here are 'embrace' and 'extend'.
>
> Linux must /embrace/ Mr. Gates and he will extend its reach.
>
> Finally, two great tastes, that taste great together: Bill Gates and Linux!

Bill Gates hates Open Source. His implicit manifesto in starting Microsoft
was the eradication of practices where code is swapped, extended and
exchanged in Open form. His practice was the stealing of ideas and packaging
them up in binary form, away from reviews and criticism.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Bill Gates' character is far worse than his so-called 'humble' sweater
projects.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Bring home the world cup, England!
Cpu(s):  20.3% user,   3.6% system,  17.9% nice,  58.2% idle