Re: How Gates and Buffet will help the Worldwide Linux Movement

  • Subject: Re: How Gates and Buffet will help the Worldwide Linux Movement
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:48:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ High Plains Thumper ] on Monday 26 June 2006 19:44 \__

,----[ Quote ]
| But Greig today characterised the Microsoft's community welfare
| contributions as tainted charity.
|
| According to Greig, the software tycoon's global philanthropy exercises
| carry a hidden agenda to persuade beneficiary governments to reverse
| policies promoting the use of open source software.
`----

        http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/business/0,39023166,39151789,00.htm

I am sure that the Foundation is intended to help the OLPC penetrate Africa.
*rolls eyes* Maybe Bill Gates can serve Microsoft better by leaving his
daytime job and <strikeout>bribing</strikeout> donating fund to
<strikeout>politician</strikeout> poor people. Money makes the world go
'round...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Bring home the world cup, England!
  8:45pm  up 60 days  1:48,  12 users,  load average: 1.51, 1.36, 1.15