Re: Windows Milks Money for Fixing Self

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Antivirus Makers Deserve What Microsoft's Serving
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Apple, Linux and IBM can't do it. But Microsoft sure can.
> |
> | In fact, only Microsoft can write software that's so leaky that a $4
> | billion industry was built to protect it, then... and here's the really
> | admirable part... turn around to become part of the crew that cashes in
> | on cleaning up its own mess.
> `----
AND

Will use it's monopoly power to kill off all of it's competitors, even
if they offer a superior product.

Remember, Microsoft has tried to introduce antivirus before, and the
antivirus kept getting killed by the viruses.  I'd like to think that
Symantic and McAffee have nothing to worry about, but I didn't think
Netscape had anything to worry about.  I didn't think Lotus had
anything to worry about.  I didn't think Borland had anything to worry
about.  I didn't think WordPerfect had anything to worry about.  I
didn't think Eudora had anything to worry about.

Maybe Microsoft will decide to let "Good" viruses through, while
killing off "bad" viruses like VM Player, Netscape, Firefox, Open
Office, and Thunderbird.