Re: [News] Former FreeBSD Projects Opts for GNU/Linux

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:34:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>BD has been rude to me for almost a week. My reply to him, in response to his
>prejudiced treatment ,is merely a culmination of this. I am happy that he
>decided to killfile me. I don't want any followups from him.

I _do_ think the article subject was a bit off since it seems to imply
that a FreeBSD project opted to go with Linux instead. GNU-HALO really
wasn't ever a "FreeBSD" project, in that it doesn't appear to have had
support from the official core team or The FreeBSD Foundation.

I don't think I'd bother really arguing about the whole thing anyway,
since it's pretty much meaningless. Their decision was likely based on
many factors, and the relative "goodness" of each OS probably didn't
enter into the decision.

*BSD, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, AIX, etc. users shouldn't be savaging
each other. We should all be friends working toward a common goal of
interoperability and open standards.