Re: [Article] Google Bans 7 Billion Pages

__/ [ www.1-script.com ] on Friday 23 June 2006 16:25 \__

> John A. wrote:
>

>> I'd like to see the "1{random term}##.info" domains go down
>> next. I've
>> got 16 of them blocked from showing my ads so far.

*LOL* at the "1{random term}##.info" pseudo-regex. I see a lot of this junk
being link/comment/submission spammed in CMS's. The Web is indeed turning
into a garbage dumb of verbal drivel and scripting. I am beginning to
believe Dvorak's latest trolling attempt: "The Internet has reached it's
golden age and will soon start dying". The tiered Web (e.g. pay 'tax' for
VoIP, downloads, videos), DRM on content et cetera leave room for worries.

> Have you first check if they convert? It may sound weird but I have heard
> people reporting that these spam sites have decent conversion rates. For
> advertisers, not for their AdSense ads which is obvious. Could be
> different in different sectors though, but the point is: if they convert,
> do you really care what the URL of the site is?

He probably should. I suppose that rather than AdSense exclusions* there
should be a complementary feature of so-called 'whitelisting' or inclusions,
e.g. have a rule set "domain must be suffix contain com" ^ "alexa rank or
PageRank > some_value". How about "never serve upon impression from
68.78.*.*" v "suffix = .cn"

This will give the advertisers some peace of mind...

*I have Microsoft's domains in mine because they buy "linux", for FUD.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Every beginning must start somewhere
Cpu(s):  20.4% user,   3.7% system,  18.8% nice,  57.2% idle