Re: [News] Former FreeBSD Projects Opts for GNU/Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 22 June 2006 17:04 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> __/ [ Tim Smith ] on Thursday 22 June 2006 00:50 \__

>>> In his case, FreeBSD handles some back end stuff such as mail, if I recall
>>> correctly. He his keen, if not adamant, on the use of Windows XP on the
>>> desktop. My reply may seem rude to an 'outsider', but previous
>>> correspondence needs to be looked up for context.
>                      ^^
>
> Excuse my many typos.
>

>> His abuse alone is worth a kfile entry.
>

> Two keystrokes in KNode, but I don't consider him (BD) a malovalent person.
> He's just a bit impulsive at times. He vented anger at me for posting
> something that he preferred never to have seen.

It's still possible to vent anger without being abusive.  I do tend to
ignore remaining text once I start seeing abuse.  I think it's supposed
to intimidate, but it doesn't have that effect on me...

> Take Funkenbusch for example. He only ever replies to me if I criticise the
> Origmai, the office suite, or the CMS that he wholeheatedly uses. People
> perceived their choices as reflectants upon themselves. Thus, critique of an
> object (or religion) can be (mis-)interpreted as a personal attack.

It can be, although it has to be said that a robust defence of choices
can equally be perceived as an attack.  What I tend to find is that
anyone advocating /change/ is seen as a threat by anyone who doesn't
want change, which is most people!

> Criticise nothing and everyone will love you. Praise your own choices and get
> bashed. Stay silent and nobody will know you exist.

Ah, you should .sig that!

We all declare for liberty, but in using the same word we do not all mean
the same thing.
		-- A. Lincoln