Re: [News] Microsoft: Windows Piracy Checks Have Real 'Benefits'

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:29:38 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 21 June 2006 14:03 \__
>
>> On 2006-06-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
>> something concerning:
>>> Fighting Microsoft's piracy check
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>> Despite everything else, they still maintain their sense of humor.
>
>The genuine advantage is theirs. The update is critical _to them_.

What's really annoying is that some of these WGA updates then force
you to reboot your computer. So I've got my legit copy of XP here, and
I have to reboot it every day because Microsoft is trying to fight
pirates in China.

Do they use WGA for their server products too?