Re: good job

  • Subject: Re: good job
  • From: Peter KÃhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:32:28 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> [snips]
>
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 23:19:12 +0200, Peter KÃhlmann wrote:
>
>> No. I read RSS news myself. I don't need any secondary source
>> The way it is, I would have to kilfile Roy because I have to wade through
>> way too much waffle
>>
>> But then, cola has become incredibly boring these last weeks
>> Perhaps I should just deselect the group
>

> On the whole, I like the posts.  Most of 'em are at least somewhat
> interesting, informative, or entertaining.

They are. Problem is, lots and lots of them are duplicates for me. I read
other news sources myself
It would be better if Roy would focuse on "quality" and not "quantity"
He should try to select the news where he believes most interest would be
aroused. A good indication are the threads where he gets responses, and
then naturally those nobody bothers to respond at all

> If one doesn't like them, it's relatively trivial to create a filter where
> if the poster is Roy _and_ the subject contains [News], nuke the article -
> should clear up most of the "problem" without having to completely
> kill file Roy.

No. If I have to be bothered to act on something, it is usually all or
nothing. If someone annoys me, I either put up with it, or that someone
gets binned permanently (and completely)

--
Perl - the only language that looks the same before and after RSA
encryption.