Re: Poker Society at manchester uni?

  • Subject: Re: Poker Society at manchester uni?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:20:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.local.manchester
__/ [ MrBlueSkye ] on Friday 03 March 2006 10:20 \__

> "Befunge Sudoku" <daviddotbudd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> In article <DuadnT_lV6WQrZrZRVny0A@xxxxxxxxx>, apbz91
>> @dsl.pipex.com says...
>>>
>>> "faz182" <immortalityitsyours@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Judging by the UoM mailing lists, there's no society that is affiliated with
gambling or gaming of this type.

>>> Do a google for a guy at MMU called Dave Budd, he's got a group going
>>> ISTR
>>> in Eccles.
>>> MBS

Is it by any chance one of the two Dave Budds from Manchester University, one
of whom works at the same place as myself?

>> No, the game I play in is in Bury.
>> However, Man Uni DOES have a poker soc. I believe it's quite
>> lively, regular games, tournaments, etc. But as I'm staff, not
>> student, I can't join. Well, I probably could go, but not be a
>> proper member, and I'd not be allowed in any of the sponsored
>> tournaments.
>> Here's the URL:
>> http://www.umsu.manchester.ac.uk/poker/

Oh, I'm proven wrong. I am relieved and disappointed at the same time to
reveal that the URL is not:

http://www.umsu.manchester.ac.uk/strip-poker/