Re: Domain name registration

__/ [ Adrienne Boswell ] on Sunday 05 March 2006 09:43 \__

> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Water Cooler v2"
> <wtr_clr@xxxxxxxxx> writing in news:1141539741.411961.172800
> @p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I want to create my own new website. I believe I first have to register
>> a domain name. I looked up Google and got a lot of links to websites
>> that let you register a domain name. I am asking for advise on whether
>> the cost to register is the only criteria for choosing a domain
>> registrar or is there some particular widely popular choice?
>>
>> What're the few best choices? Thanks!
>>

> I've been using GoDaddy <http://www.godaddy.com/> for years and have never
> had a problem with them.  They have great music on hold (Bob Parson's
> personal pick), the few times I've had to call them.

I  hear  that GoDaddy are the wise and safe choice to stick with.  If  you
need  to transfer domain ownerships, however, then you might as well  con-
sider  registering with the prospective Web host. There is a 3-month delay
when moving domain registration from one host to another, let alone if you
consider  'irregular'  registrars.  I am not sure if things  have  changed
since the last time I experienced and paid the toll of this.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
 10:35am  up 4 days  6:13,  12 users,  load average: 1.11, 0.49, 0.29