Re: GRUB login bitmap

__/ [ Nikolai Försterling ] on Monday 06 March 2006 13:45 \__

> begin
>
>> Would anyone know where this can be found? Meaning, the graphic that is
>> used as a background image for when the GRUB menu first comes up on boot.
>
> The background image is included in the cpio-archive in /boot/messages
>
>> I'd like to change the one that's used by default for another one.
>
> Extract the content to a directory, replace the image with a proper one of
> your choice (take care of dimensons, depth and size), repack it and copy
> back to /boot.
> hth

There is plenty of information on such tasks across the Web. I once read a
very detailed guide on GRUB customisation, but I failed to find the
reference. Here is something that came up after a quick search however:

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LG/current/jayanth.html

You should be able to find better instruction sets nonetheless.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
  2:00pm  up 5 days  9:38,  9 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.47, 0.24