Re: The OpenOffice FUD Campaign has Begun

__/ [ TheLetterK ] on Monday 06 March 2006 19:36 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/3517/106/
>>
>> In a nutshell, OO is said to be 10 years behind.
>
> I wasn't aware that office suites had changed substantially in the last
> 10 years.

Yes, exactly. That said, OpenOffice is not 10 years behind either. Yates was
trying to compare it against Office 97', which let us face it, catered for
most users' needs and offered the same level of productivity.

Ever since, any further development was an attempt to ship yet another
unnecessary item (as they do in the fashion industry). Backward
compatibility was also a motivator for an upgrade.

>> Why do Microsoft even bother to comment about the competition? I direct
>> the question at Larry.

He has never answered this question, yet.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
  4:15am  up 5 days 23:53,  9 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.31, 0.38