Re: I'm looking for ideas

__/ [ DervMan ] on Thursday 02 March 2006 18:34 \__

> I like combination devices.  To cut a long story short I chopped in a
> Tungsten W for a handset and Tungsten T2 combination (primarily because I
> had a need for a GPS solution).  Now that PDAs are readily available with
> Bluetooth at sensible money I'm thinking it's time to switch back...
>
> ..but to what?  The Treo 650 is the logical solution I suppose, but really,
> I want something like the Tungsten W but with internal Bluetooth.
>
> I don't need WiFi, I do need Bluetooth for a wireless headset.  The
> operating system isn't a priority any more, I have preferred PalmOS owing
> applications I run but that doesn't have to continue.  My GPS software is
> available in PPC and PalmOS flavours, finding it for Symbian (or whatever)
> may not be a problem.
>
> I make a lot of notes and really really appreciate my Palm Portable
> Keyboard
> with the T|T2.  I didn't really get on all that well with the Tungsten W's
> keyboard, it felt too cramped - I don't really want a similar sized
> keyboard, although if the Treo 650 really is all that wonderful then maybe
> just maybe I could bend the rule! :)
>
> I'm open to ideas.  Money is an object, naturally. :p

If you can tolerate high latency and need high storage capacity, the
LifeDrive might be the right unit for you. Be warened however. It has many
deficiencies. A combination of devices is rarely ideal. Neither does it have
a lower, nor it is pragmatic.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  5:05am  up 6 days  0:43,  9 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.48, 0.61