Re: What The General Population Thinks of Linux

__/ [ Richard G. Riley ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 11:58 \__

>  "Roy"posted the following on 2006-03-11:
>
> <snip />
>
>> Speaking of 'fanboys', I urge you to subscribe to alt.os.windows-xp just
>> to take a glimpse at some of the latest posts.
>>

> I did. I think I received an involuntary lobotomy just from reading
> the drivel. Still, as they say, its not guns which kill people ..

*smile* I'm glad we agree. To quote a recent message from that newsgroup (a
recent one that caught my eye):

__/ [ dnysis ] on Thursday 09 March 2006 14:55 \__

From: "dnysis" <cyoder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp
Subject: Is this What you call a Windows XP Group?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:55:31 -0500

> I thought this was a group to ask questions about Windows XP.
> The language and replies are disgusting on this group.
> You should be ashamed of yourself.
> I sure would like to know how to get rid of all those kind of replies,
> because I do enjoy newsgroups of interest with out those kind of comments.
> Carol

I think this reflects on the 'quality' of that group, which mind you (not you
specifically), is not accommodated by suits and professors.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  3:05pm  up 3 days  7:42,  7 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.30, 0.22