Re: It looks like Google has really bad server synchronization problems

  • Subject: Re: It looks like Google has really bad server synchronization problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:42:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Gerard ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 13:45 \__

> So Google apparently blacklisted my site www.majstro.com (though one
> can of course never be sure about such things). No big deal, mainly
> their loss.
>
> But when I absent-mindedly entered "site:www.majstro.com" (I meant to
> type another URL), I got a list of 940 pages, even though according to
> "info:www.majstro.com" Google has no information about that site.

If "site:www.majstro.com" returns reults, your site has not been banned.
That's the test that Google themselves are using to verify banishment.

> Then I entered the intended query "site:www.erotikejo.com", and got 151
> pages. A few seconds later I entered the same query again, and this
> time Google told me it had cached only 16 pages. This alternation
> between 151 and 16 pages has been going on for a long time (and in both
> cases the cached copies are not exactly up-to-date).

Datacentres. Don't worry. If you get banned, you just get toppled overnight.
I might be wrong here, but I have a fair bit of confidence about this. Try
this tool:

http://www.yourcache.com/

It will be helpful, trust me.

> It begins to look like Google's technology cannot keep up with its
> ambitions. Too bad, it used to be the best search engine, but nothing
> lasts forever, especially on the Internet.

Nothing better has come up yet. Believe me, I have checked and I keep
checking every now and then. The only exception is Wikipedia. My search
toolbar in Firefox is always pointed Wikipedia. Anything which I believe
should exists in Wikipedia lead it to taking precedence.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
  3:35pm  up 3 days  8:12,  7 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.52, 0.48