Re: How to start a program when screen saver starts?

  • Subject: Re: How to start a program when screen saver starts?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:16:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ Filippo ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 12:00 \__

> I would kde like to start ktorrent when the screen saver starts.
> Is that possible, and how?

A screen saver is merely an executable (perhaps with extra attributes). You
could make ktorrent appear like a screen saver excitable or simply seek the
directory which accommodates all the screen savers currently available for
use. If you find that directory (use tools like 'find': $ man find ), add a
copy of the ktorrent executable to it and see if it appears in the list of
screen savers under Control Center. I am not entirely  sure this will work,
but I have some hopes.

Hope it helps,