Re: Linux PC for $159

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 16:26 \__

> On 2006-03-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:
>> This made the headlines!

> They say to buy one before everybody else becomes cheapskates. I say
> talk people into buying them to make everybody cheapskates so things
> with a little more oomph make it to market. Then buy that.

Such workstation would be highly suitable to people like my grandfather.
Computer-phoby's and seniors do not demand much from the system,
resource-wise. All they ever do is surf the Web, printing some stuff and
listening to music. Even 128 MB of RAM should suffice. For a computer that
will be used for at most 1 hour per day, this doesn't seem like a case of
becoming a cheapskate. It's good ROI.

> Still. $159. M$ isn't going to sell a thing that low except maybe their
> crippled, no-more-than-3-things-at-once, 800x600-only crappy demo of an
> almost alpha-quality product.

Vista does not do much more than Windows 98. It eats more, but it s**ts the
same plie.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
  4:40pm  up 3 days  9:17,  7 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.41, 0.53