Re: Konqueror can't save for off-line work ?

  • Subject: Re: Konqueror can't save for off-line work ?
  • From: Ron Gibson <rsgibson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:33:12 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mandrake
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:32:24 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Using Konqueror in isolation is hard. Many zealous sites will not even
> let
> it in. For that reason, I keep Firefox and Opera installed. I do not
> believe that Konqueror has the functionality you described, but you can
> browser the Konqueror cache, which probably resides in
> ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ although I can't seem to find it.

Am I missing something here? I use Mozilla all the time to save several
pages and number them like

page1.htm
page2.htm

Which creates subdirectories that contain the graphics, etc. If I need
to take note of the URL I just open it in composer and add the URL at the
top ???

With Mozilla this is a piece of cake. Maybe I misunderstood the question.
Konqueror maybe difficult, dunno, as I learned using Netscape before
there was a KDE. But can it be done and easily - Yes, most definitely.