Re: Goobuntu Clarifications

__/ [ flatfish+++ ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 19:14 \__

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:08:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://www.zdnetindia.com/news/business/stories/134984.html
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A Google spokesperson has dismissed rumors that
>> | it will distribute its own version of Ubuntu Linux.
>> `----
>>
>> Recap: Google use Debian on their servers /and/ desktop. Don't /you/?
>> Linux, once customised, is so powerful, so Google don't want you to have
>> it.

Phrasing above is quite infantile. I posted in haste, so apologies. Here is a
useful pointer:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=175746&cid=14609148

,----[ Quote ]
`----

> Evidently they don't want Linux users to have Google Earth either.
>
> http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

They will port. Dibona told me so and the Picasa port is subsequent proof.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
  7:15pm  up 3 days 11:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.15, 0.16