Re: Microsoft bloats reply to EU

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft bloats reply to EU
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:28:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Saturday 11 March 2006 18:17 \__

> On 2006-03-11, Gordon <gordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something
> concerning:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4795238.stm
>>
>> Just like it's software!
>> "The reports, by the Commission's Monitoring Trustee and Colorado
>> consultant TAEUS, found that parts of the latest documentation provided by
>> Microsoft were "entirely inadequate, devoted to obsolete functionality and
>> self-contradictory", the Commission said.
>>
>> "TAEUS concludes that Microsoft's documentation was written 'primarily to
>> maximize volume while minimising useful information'," it added in a
>> statement."
>
> They thought they were applying for a patent. To get one of those in
> the US with the least bit of supporting material, xerox all volumes of
> the Encyclopedia Brittianica, then intersperse 50% of each volume
> between each page containing any real substance.

They also need to come up with some unique name such as "gadgets". Mind you,
Microsoft have invented the concept of mail stomping (or stamping out). One
day when you stomp on your mail you will look back at them days and be
grateful to the folks from Redmond. *rolls eyes*

Microsoft: for better, more pragmatic society.

I noticed the fact that any junk which comes from Microsoft grabs the
headlines, again and again. Most latterly it was the ultramobile PC (AKA
Origami), which is utter junk. Nokia have boasted something better for
nearly a year, but they can't generate the same media hype.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
 12:20pm  up 4 days  4:57,  8 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.55, 0.51