Re: PR grey for all sites and Urchin tracked pages very slow to load

  • Subject: Re: PR grey for all sites and Urchin tracked pages very slow to load
  • From: "Eric Johnston" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:29:21 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
news:duruf3$sp2$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> __/ [ Eric Johnston ] on Friday 10 March 2006 13:13 \__
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> __/ [ Eric Johnston ] on Friday 10 March 2006 11:34 \__

>>> Remember that Urchin stats will be incomplete. Not everyone permits
>>> scripts
>>> to run (i.e. spy).

>>> It sounds as though your IP may have been led to (temporary) banishment.
>>> Have
>>> you tried changing addresses? Have you been running any tools that do
>>> analysis based on data from Google?
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Roy
>>>
>>> --
>>> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
>>> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux     |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>>> 11:35am  up 2 days  4:12,  7 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.70, 0.75
>>>      http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project
>>
>> My IP address does not seem to be the problem as another computer on the
>> local LAN shows PR green as usual.
>

> If IP addresses on the LAN are static (as opposed to dynamically allocated
> regardless of MAC addresses), that would suggest the very opposite. Google
> could reject traffic to/from one particular IP address rather than an
> entire
> subnet (e.g. a D-block).
>

>> I now suspect 'anti-spy' problem.
>> Perhaps a Norton Security upgrade or Microsoft Antispyware upgrade has
>> blocked both PR and Urchin - unresolved despite temporary disabling ?.
>

> Does your firewall software have any logs, debugging tools or any other
> facility which will discover what is happening underneath? Something is
> being blocked, either by Google or by your software (including operating
> system settings).
>

>> Best regards, Eric.
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Roy
>
> --
> Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux     |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>  1:10pm  up 2 days  5:47,  7 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.79, 0.75
>      http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms

All is well again.

Probable cause:  Running Norton Live Update: Scan for updates followed by
download of 3 files

Probable cure: Running Norton Live Update: Scan for updates - no further
action.

PR is now showing normally for all sites, also Urchin tracked pages as fast
to load as usual.

Best regards, Eric.