Re: US Hospital Goes Open Source

__/ [ Ben Cartwright ] on Sunday 12 March 2006 20:55 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/mgmt/830C9682243AB990CC25712C0075BA53
>>
>> "Laboratory, pharmacy and patient management systems at a three-campus
>> facility are going open source."
>
> Thanks for the tip. That's the last place I want to be treated if I
> ever get ill. Is doctor Kervorkian still around? He would probably love
> that place.

Only *two* among a tonnage of similar stories (they are a dime a dozen):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3174173.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4174204.stm

But of course, being merely a disruptive poster, you will abstain from
initiating a rebuttal.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
  2:30am  up 4 days 19:07,  9 users,  load average: 1.45, 0.83, 0.62