Re: Iframe - does google index inframes ?

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Monday 13 March 2006 09:06 \__

>> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Monday 13 March 2006 07:35 \__

>>> Such pages should be either behind a password or not on the net.
>>> *Never* rely on what is nothing more then a hint/suggestion to a
>>> friendly crawler.
>>
>> Yes, of course. However, it is rather safe to assume that a public
>> page, which contains a viewable frame, will not contain information as
>> sensitive as passwords.
>
> But then it's not sensitive :-D.
>
>>> An unfriendly crawler can fetch your page and decide to use it to
>>> generate content, and oops, there is your sensitive information out
>>> in the open, and maybe even very well ranked in Google.
>>
>> Well ranked? I am not sure. Unless it resides on your PageRank 7
>> homepage.
>
> :-p
>
>> That mall in Mexico which you blogged about might soon make
>> number 1 in Google, but it will not be the 'official homepage'.
>> Rather, it is one which contains the picture of chocolate that
>> resembles feces.
>
> Huh?

Oh, I meant "cookies". I was only looking at the photos in a rush:

http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/03/12/shopping-center-plaza-americas.html

Sorry to hear about the birthday, absence and all of that... you have my
sympathies. You have a beautiful daughter.

> <http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/03/12/>
>
>> Google fell victim to their own thirst for knowledge recently. I
>> wonder how many people have read these ironic news. I am not talking
>> about Brin in drag.
>
> I am curious now.

Storage plans accidentally leaked...

http://localnewsleader.com/jackson/stories/index.php?action=fullnews&id=156320

Beforehand, misleading financial infomation was leaked and caused their stock
to crash. Mind you, after all, that is the company which with Google Desktop
3 stores data. Google wants us to hand over hard-drive data, as well as
store our data on GDrive. *LOL*

Microsoft are equally incompetent. Information leaked which revealed their
plans to have *cough* 6 *cough* editions of Windows Vista (8 if you include
other versions like that for the EU, without Media Player).

The headline currently revolve around a different story though:

http:// ...
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-060311c ...
iamain-story,1,123362.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

[Need registration; gist: CIA sensitive information leaks]