Re: For Larry the arsehole

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Monday 13 March 2006 15:50 \__
>

> > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >> __/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Sunday 12 March 2006 19:30 \__

> >> That  aside,  Larry  has been changing his tune recently. For a  while,  I
> >> could  have balanced conversations with him, but that bias of contempt and
> >> prejudice  towards Linux. However, I continue to suspect that the  forger,
> >> as well as Peter, have got his sentiments vexed up.
> >
> > By the way Roy... read your original response to my post in the "Low
> > Latency Audio." My post did not mention any operating system or
> > software. I simply spoke about the issues of audio latency in a generic
> > sense.
> >
> > You attributed - "but that bias of contempt and prejudice  towards
> > Linux.." Now read your own post but substitute "bias of contempt and
> > prejudice against Microsoft" and apply it to your response in that
> > thread.
> >

> > *-*-*  "But why miss the point that latency was too high in previous
> > (and current) versions of Windows? While Microsoft boast a 'feature' in
> > Vista, I call it a bugfix.... A good start would be to trim the bloat
> > off the operating system. Windows is always busy doing *something.*
> > ...Fan burnouts are more of a Windows issue, for a reason.... etc,
> > etc."
> >
> > What does any of this have to do with low latency audio? What does
> > anything in your post have to do with low latency audio? Seems that
> > had absolutely nothing to do with audio at all.
> >
> > You claim that you're a bright guy and I'm willing to accept your
> > claim. I'm not looking for a response/reply to this but put down your
> > rose-colored linux glasses for a few moments and look at some of your
> > posts (this last one for example). Then ask yourself if these posts are
> > fair and intellectually honest or not. You may not like what the answer
> > is.
>
>         You are right on that last point. I got a little carried away, so the
> arguments drifted off-topic. This tends to happen when you type almost as
> quickly as you think. You never bother to step back and  proofread, let
> alone do a consistency or a 'reality check'.
>
>         The point I was trying to make was that in Windows XP (as in predecessors,
> but only worse), many processes struggle for resources becausevarious
> operations are programmed and invoked excessively. As an outcome, I often
> find it unresponsive, especially in the absence of a decent chunk of RAM and
> a strong, recently-purchased PC. Sound latency and interferences are
> sometimes a result of this struggle for resources.
>
>         Consider yourself lucky if all your desktops and laptops are fairly modern.
> I very much enjoy using AmaroK for all my music needs and I also did some
> audio editing in the past. Winamp, which I have used since I was 15, seems
> to be on par with XMMS, but AmaroK seems more like the equivalent of iTunes
> and Media Player. On the contrary, it's open.
>
> Best wishes,

> [...]

My last point being that you're a bright guy?  I think that you are and
I'm not just saying it to appease you. This newsgroup gets frustrating
at times because there are other bright people here and it could
actually be *very* interesting IMO. I wish there was less rhetoric and
of a fan-boy mentality and more substance to many of these posts.
(Everyones posts.. including my own.)