Re: Anyone notice Lenova adverts on TV?

__/ [ Lobo ] on Monday 13 March 2006 20:27 \__

> This is the first computer manufacturer that does not show Windows(TM)
> on the screen of their products in TV adverts (that I have seen).

That's a bold move. With exposure comes acceptance. Rarity is perceived as a
sign of bad quality, which is the reason why many people pay extra to drink
Coca Cola and purchase a pair of Nike shoes. Advertisement can change
people's mindset.

> I also note that MS has stepped up theirTV advertising, here in
> Canada, aimed at the home user.  I am not a big TV watcher other than
> documentories and news.

I recently heard that Windows is excessively advertised on cable TV here in
the UK. I no longer watch TV at home (only at the gym), so I can't judge for
myself.