Re: Microsoft Doubt .NET

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 14:41 \__

http://digg.com/software/Microsoft_Vista%3A_Microsoft_loses_confidence_in_.NET

http://www.grimes.demon.co.uk/dotnet/vistaAndDotnet.htm

> But if he is right then I think it is a very stupid move on MS's part,
> .net2 is a very good platform, it could reduce development costs as well as
> make it more possible for general office work stations to go to thin client
> so saving companies money. Treated correctly it really could be the
> platform that takes over the remainder of the applications market. I wonder
> if it just isn't quite ready for client machines yet, though I do know from
> a development point of view it is already working.

It is not my turf to argue over. I have never used .NET. I can only suggest
that it reflects badly on .NET when its creator is unable or unwilling to
use it.

As a broad statement, people tend to defend what they do, as well as the
tools they use. You raved about .NET before, but unless you have used many
IDE's and SDK's, on a whole wide variety of platforms (adverse to .NET), I
consider your review to be void.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
  3:15pm  up 7 days  7:52,  7 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.40, 0.37