Re: View stored passwords in Netscape 8

__/ [ nick ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 09:14 \__

> How do you view the stored passwords in the passcard manager
> (Tools>Options>AotoFill>Passcards)? Here I see the username of the site
> but the password is ************. Is there some software to reveal the
> password in the field? I have heard of the software to do thatin IE.
>
> I am sorry if this is a dumb question but I have searched everywhere
> for it.

I am not sure about such tools for IE, but it is a bug-riddled Web browser,
so I suggest you upgrade to Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, Safari or Mozilla
Firefox. Not only are they more secure, but they also render pages
correctly.

In Firefox and its relatives/derivatives you can view your saved password by
doing the following:

* Go to Edit

* Preferences

* Privacy -> Saved Passwords

* View Saved Passwords

* Show password

Lo and behold! All your passwords in plain-text, lined up in one column
*gasp*. Make sure you lock your browser with a master password for that
reason.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  2:10pm  up 8 days  6:47,  7 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.21, 0.15