Re: Open with....

__/ [ Taylor Coffman ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 15:37 \__

>> __/ [ Jim ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 07:51 \__
>>
>>> Help.
>>>
>>> Not a serious problem but more than very annoying!
>>>
>>> If I right click on a jpeg file and want to 'open with'
>>> Photoshop........I can't. Photoshop is not listed on the choice of
>>> programs even though it's loaded and always has been.
>>>
>>> I've spent too long on this already, someone help me please?
>>>
>>> JIm
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I suggest that you go the filetypes menu first. You need to define a
>> new filetypes in the dedicated window rather than doing this 'on the
>> fly' (attempting to open a file using a particular application).
>
> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
>> You can do this in Windows Explorer settings.
>
> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
>
>> When you have the
>> filetypes tab selected, you might have to specify the full path to
>> the executable by browsing your hard-drive and selecting the
>> exectutable from Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop. Bind that to the file
>> extension that you desire to associate with it. If no such extension
>> already exists in the list, create a new one.
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>
> Hope is all you have. You certainly have no technical ability.

I was fairly sure there exists a "Browse to identify application" option in
the context menu, but I was not sure. I use KDE primarily.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Your remarks were far less than kind or polite. What is this elitism
attitude?

__/ [ Kadaitcha Man ] added on Thursday 16 March 2006 01:02 \__

> You could have saved yourself a whole lot of bother - all it really takes
> is two or three clicks.

You are quire right. I missed that one...

__/ [ Jim ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 16:20 \__

> Roy,
>
> Thanks for that. Yes, it worked. Perfect.
>
> Jim

You're welcome.

__/ [ Jim ] added on Wednesday 15 March 2006 16:21 \__

> Whoeveryouare,
>
> It might pay you to find a nuthouse to taunt people in. You may find
> it'll suit you.
>
> Jim

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother helping in such a hostile environment
(newsgroup). The UK equivalents are so much more friendly, but after the
migration from *.windows95 and *.windows2000, my newsserver no longer
aggregates them.

Best wishes,