Re: Open with....

__/ [ Jim ] on Wednesday 15 March 2006 07:51 \__

> Help.
>
> Not a serious problem but more than very annoying!
>
> If I right click on a jpeg file and want to 'open with'
> Photoshop........I can't. Photoshop is not listed on the choice of
> programs even though it's loaded and always has been.
>
> I've spent too long on this already, someone help me please?
>
> JIm

Hi,

I suggest that you go the filetypes menu first. You need to define a new
filetypes in the dedicated window rather than doing this 'on the fly'
(attempting to open a file using a particular application).

You can do this in Windows Explorer settings. When you have the filetypes tab
selected, you might have to specify the full path to the executable by
browsing your hard-drive and selecting the exectutable from Program
Files/Adobe/Photoshop. Bind that to the file extension that you desire to
associate with it. If no such extension already exists in the list, create a
new one.

Hope it helps,