Re: [article] Google product to help retailers

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:58:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 18:17 \__
>
>> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:24:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ canadafred ] on Thursday 16 March 2006 12:52 \__

>>> <snip>
>>> http://www.sketchup.com/
>>
>> As soon as I heard the news I went and downloaded the trial version. There
>> was nothing there extroardinary or rather, nothing more than the most basic
>> of 3d graphical offerings.
>>
>> But it'd be interesting to see what they Really have in mind? Perhaps an
>> online version of the software itself?
>
> No, shoot Google Earth and have a look at some of the major cities. I have
> seen this used in Miami and Orlando, but haven't explored further.
>
> Also see:
>
> http://www.schestowitz.com/Vision/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19

Oh yeah Roy. I was well aware of its application in Google Earth. Just
looked and noticed their improvements in as far as panning is concerned.
Nice!

But when I say it wasn't anything to brag about I mean't that from a
consumer standpoint.

But hey, given the right amount of patience, dedication and imagination one
can re-create the Empire State Building out of Toothpicks. No wait, someone
already has: http://www.toothpickart.com/
Or, create from scratch a striking image of Hedy Lamarr using vector
program such as CorelDraw:
http://www.bluetoothnews.com/hedy_lamarr_story.htm