Re: British Government Demands Open Source

>> not so much considering that the system is a RTOS, but then Microsoft
>> doesn't do RTOS (are they even capable?). That's a pure UNIX thing.
>
> I think they are trying, but a FUD campaign has not yet begun.
>
> http://www.NOPAGERANKmicrosoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/plan/realtime.mspx
>
> It is odd that Windows CE, as troubled and unstable is it is, was considered
> for the task of serving real-time applications. The damn think cannot even
> serve personal information management needs without occasionally crashing.

NOPAGERANK?

I had a devil of a time getting the Turtle-Beach AudioTron to behave
under various failover scenarios.  The damn thing would freeze if you
tried to ping it before it was completely initialized.  The OS?  WinCE.

Bleh.

--
Q:  Why does a GNU/Linux user compile his kernel?
A:  Because he can.