Re: British Government Demands Open Source

__/ [ Jim ] on Friday 17 March 2006 11:53 \__

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/84836/uk-gov-demands-open-source-for-us-jet-fighter.html

> laffin' my arse off.
>
> not so much considering that the system is a RTOS, but then Microsoft
> doesn't do RTOS (are they even capable?). That's a pure UNIX thing.

I think they are trying, but a FUD campaign has not yet begun.

http://www.NOPAGERANKmicrosoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/plan/realtime.mspx

It is odd that Windows CE, as troubled and unstable is it is, was considered
for the task of serving real-time applications. The damn think cannot even
serve personal information management needs without occasionally crashing.