Re: Linux compatible SD card

__/ [ John Stumbles ] on Friday 17 March 2006 13:15 \__

> Just received an SD card I ordered from DABS (who were actually cheaper
> than eBuyer for a Canon PS A430 plus 512M high speed SD card, as well
> as delivering vastly quicker).
>
> I was heartened to see that the card (Corsair) is "Compatible with Windows
> Macintosh and Linux". Didn't say what distro/kernel version, tho' ... :-)

That's normal. Linux is rarely stated as compatible*, perhaps as to avoid
support nightmares (minimalist distributions and the like). It should work
just fine in practice as SD cards are rather standard. You may need a USB
card reader, I suppose.

*Bought a hard-drive a fortnight ago, which the box said was compatible with
Mac OS and Windows. I am not fond of branding something so generic.