Re: Dual head Matrox issues

  • Subject: Re: Dual head Matrox issues
  • From: "TDM" <rpuffd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:38:34 -0800
  • Cache-post-path: newsreg.cos.agilent.com!unknown@lksmagus.lks.agilent.com
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
news:dveoku$h6h$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> __/ [ TDM ] on Friday 17 March 2006 16:03 \__

<snip>

> How have you defined your monitors? Maybe they are badly configured. Have
> you
> let SaX2 (in YaSY/Control Center) handle this? You can see my own X
> configuration file, where the more crucial bits are at the end:
>
> http://schestowitz.com/Data/XF86Config
>
> Also see the resource that Mr. Aho pointed you to. This can be rather
> helpful.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Roy

Roy,

Yes, the small yellow tooltips you describe are what I am
getting on the right monitor.

As for my X config, I had to edit the file manually. Sax2
never ever saw the second monitor, or the ability of the
card to support 2 monitors. Every time I would select
the Dual Head setup, it would whine about not having
a second monitor to support dual head. That was a while
ago I did this so I dont remember the exact details. I
just remember that I had to edit manually.

I did a bit of googlin, and at the time I was Suse 9.2.
I found an article in google stating there was no dual
head support in Linux for the G200. That is when I
started hacking at the X config file and got it to work.
So, obviously that article was incorrect.

If Sax2 would do the job, I would have used it. I just
could not get it to recognize the dual head ability.

I will visit the reference mentioned earlier, thanks.

TDM