Re: Missing landing page?

__/ [ Hymer ] on Friday 17 March 2006 18:23 \__

>>> At least 27,900 pages are found by Google within the web site. My guess
>>> is
>>> that Google fatigued after 27,899 and just didn't quite see enough reason
>>> to continue.

>> The site appears to consist of a great deal of "Ergonomics In The News".
>> Imported content. I am not sure if this would make search engines too
>> happy,
>> as a general rule. Many other popular sites do this, but the Web has
>> become
>> a network of data 'realtors', or so it often seems. Not only blogs should
>> be
>> blamed.
>
> Hi Roy,
>
> There are two blogs actually: Ergonomics In The News and Usability In The
> News. These blogs are a service to the professional community. They both
> aggregate selected articles on a daily basis with only the first couple of
> paragraphs shown. They are hand selected, contain a comment from us, and
> have links to the original source so people can read the whole article. The
> original authors are happy with this service.
>
> Both blogs link to primary landing pages in the main section of the site.
> This gives fresh content to the site as a whole from an SEO viewpoint. The
> SERPS for my primary landing pages went up as a result.
>
> Do you really see a problem with this?

Not quite. I trust your judgment and I believe you only provide an attributed
snippet with a link to the source:

I sometimes do so myself, e.g.:

http://schestowitz.com/vision

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:30pm  up 9 days 11:07,  7 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.49, 0.42